You can make sugar free peanut butter cookies easily at home. Just about everybody loves peanut butter cookies, but not everyone can handle all that sugar. This recipe gives you that same peanut buttery taste, the same sweetness, but not the sugar.
Use creamy peanut butter with no sugar added. It should contain just peanuts and salt. That will help keep your sugar down too.
This is an easy no sugar peanut butter recipe. In less than 30 minutes, you can be enjoying these delicious cookies.
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Table of Contents
This recipe uses just three ingredients. Make these cookies as they are, or add some of your own little extras like sugar free semi-chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
You can keep them sugar free and try different nut butters like almond or cashew. Change it up to see what your favorite sugar free cookie flavors are. These are perfect for those following a low sugar diet or people wanting to save on calories. You may want to make these keto cookies if you are following a low sugar and low carb diet plan.
Follow these steps and soon you will be enjoying these sugar free peanut butter cookies for dessert. This recipes serves 4 people.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, no sugar added
- 1 cup Splenda (granulated for baking); granulated monk fruit is also an option
- One large egg, beaten
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
How to Make Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Prep two cookie sheets by greasing them, spraying them with nonstick spray, or lining them with parchment paper. I prefer using parchment paper because it makes cleanup very easy. The cookies won’t stick to the baking pan.
In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, Splenda or monk fruit, and egg. You can use either an electric mixer or a spoon. The batter should be very creamy and smooth.
Using a teaspoon, scoop out some batter and roll it in a ball. Place it on the baking sheet and flatten with the back of a fork. Use a spoon if you don’t want the hash marks. I make some with and some without them for visual appeal.
Continue like this, arranging the cookies on the baking sheet, spacing them an inch or two apart.
Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Homemade Sugar Free PB Cookies
It seems sugar is in everything these days. Even when my kids eat lots of healthy foods, they still get lots of sugar. So, sometimes, I’ll make these sugar free peanut butter cookies for a high protein dessert without sugar. I only buy and use palm oil free peanut butter.
I bake all of our desserts from scratch since learning my son has a palm oil allergy and palm oil intolerance. Because of this, we avoid most all store-bought cookies. While we have found some cookies without palm oil, most contain it. In addition, they are loaded with sugar and lots of chemical preservatives.
There’s nothing better than baking desserts and cookies at home. You know exactly what’s going into whatever you make. It gets easier the more you do it and when you have baking staples on hand. In the case of making peanut butter cookies, I’ve experimented a lot and have lots of different recipes.
We all need a treat now and then. I like baking cookies because they store easily and are easy to portion out. They are a nice after school snack and when you want to eat a dessert but don’t want lots of sugar. This is the recipe that will have them coming back for more again and again. (As if you need to encourage anyone to eat more cookies!)
Love all things peanut butter? Check out these pb recipes:
If you make this sugar free peanut butter cookies recipe, let me know in the Comments. Do you prefer them to sugar free peanut butter oatmeal cookies?
If you want more low sugar recipes, check out this sugar free syrup recipe.
Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter no sugar added
- 1 cup Splenda granulated for baking or granulated monk fruit
- 1 large egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prep two cookie sheets. Either line with parchment paper, grease them, or spray with nonstick baking spray.
- In a medium bowl beat the egg. Combine peanut butter and Splenda. Use an electric mixer or spoon. The batter should be very smooth and creamy.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out some batter. Roll it in a ball. Place it on a baking sheet and flatten with the back of a fork for prints or use a spoon. Continue like this, arranging the cookies on the baking sheet. Space the cookies an inch or two apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.