If you seek out palm oil free products, you know how difficult it can be. Palm oil is prevalent in processed foods, cleaning products, and personal care items.
This list of palm oil free products includes categories that typically contain palm oil and derivatives. The list starts with foods, then includes palm free self-care and hygiene products, and then cleaning products.
We update this list regularly. Check back often. The more we support products made without palm oil, the better.
According to Today’s Dietitian, the FDA’s proposal to ban trans fats has created even greater demand for palm oil in foods.
In addition to the environmental concerns, many people avoid palm oil for health concerns.
With 500+ names for palm oil derivatives, it’s a challenge to find products without palm oil.
Please, do your best to support these brands and products so they will continue making them without palm oil. As always, read labels. Manufacturers continue to change their ingredients to save money.
Palm oil free products
Animal crackers without palm oil
- Market Pantry Animal Crackers
Bread without palm oil
We have confirmed Dave’s Killer Bread doesn’t use palm oil or palm oil derivatives. They use organic canola oil and zero palm oil derivatives.
- Dave’s Killer Bread:
- Boomin’ Berry
- Cinnamon Raisin Remix
- Epic Everything
- Pumpkin Spice Madness (seasonal)
- Rolls: Organic Sweet Potato Rock ‘N’ Rolls
- 21 Whole Grains
- Good Seed
- Power Seed
- White Bread
- Blues Bread (blue cornmeal crust)
- Honey Oats & Flax
- 100% Organic Whole Wheat
- English Muffins: Killer Classic and Rockin’ Grains
You absolutely must read labels before you buy any bread, buns and rolls. In the United States, palm oil derivatives are common.
Some of them include: Mono- and diglycerides; DATEM; Sodium Stearyl Lactylate; and Sorbitan Monostearate
- Nature’s Bakery: Double Chocolate Brownie (bars)
- Pillsbury Brownie Mix: Chocolate Fudge; Milk Chocolate (mix)
Please note, Nature’s Bakery Organic Brownie bars contain palm oil but their non-organic bars do not.
- Miyoko’s European Style Cultured Vegan Butter – Organic
Yes, most candy contains it. See our list of candy without palm oil for an extensive list of choices.
Note, Candy Canes are not always palm oil free. Look for ones without Glycerin and Glycerol, palm oil derivatives.
- Kashi: 7 Whole Grain Flakes Cereal; Whole Wheat Biscuits, Autumn Wheat; Whole Wheat Biscuits, Island Vanilla; 7 Whole Grain Honey Puffs Cereal; 7 Whole Grain Puffs Cereal; GOLEAN Peanut Butter Crunch Cereal; Kashi Organic Strawberry Fields Cereal
- Market Pantry Honey & Oat Clusters
- Post Shredded Wheat: Original Spoon Size, Wheat Big Biscuit, Wheat ‘N Bran
- Life Cereal: Original, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Pumpkin Spice
- Puffed Rice; Puffed Wheat; Quisp; Corn Crunch
- Red Ape Cinnamon: Cinnamon Oatmeal Cup
See a detailed list of cereals without palm oil.
Chicken strips without palm oil
- Foster Farms
- Crispy Chicken Strips
- Gluten-Free Breast Strips
- Popcorn Chicken
Please note, their Gluten-Free Breast Nuggets contain palm oil and is clearly labeled.
A representative from Foster Farms also added: Because our formulations are subject to change, please be sure to check the ingredient statement prior to each purchase.
However, this is true all the time when you are looking for palm oil free products.
Also, many companies who make breaded products often only list “vegetable oil,” without the source. In order to support palm oil free products, you will need to know the source before buying it.
Coffee without palm oil
- Red Ape Cinnamon: Cinnamon Coffee; Ginger Coffee
These coffees are free from palm oil and obtained Palm Oil Free certification by the International Palm Oil Free Certification Programme.
We’ve included coffee on this list because theirs is certified. However, palm oil is most likely not common in regular ground coffee.
However, watch for palm oil derivatives in bottled coffees that are pre-made along with creamers, etc.
- Erin Baker’s: All of their products
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip
- Simply MI-Delicious: Ginger Snaps, Chocolate Snaps, Lemon Snaps, Vanilla Snaps
- Walker’s Pure Butter Shortbread
- Butter Cookies
- Pepperidge Farms
- Thin & Crispy: Milk Chocolate Chip, Toffee Milk Chocolate, Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies, Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chessmen Butter Cookies
Note about Pepperidge Farms: They wrote back to say that different suppliers may use palm oil so they can’t confirm these cookies are always 100% palm oil free.
We included them on this list because we have purchased them for years, and in our area they have remained palm oil free. We appreciate their transparency and for using real ingredients in their products.
As with everything, be sure to read all labels. See our list of cookies without palm oil.
Dried fruit without palm oil
- Bare Snacks offers apple, banana, and coconut chips with many organic offerings.
Fruit snacks without palm oil
- KIND Fruit Bites: Cherry Apple, Mango Pineapple Apple, Strawberry Cherry Apple
Many fruit snacks contain Glycerin, a palm oil derivative.
Graham crackers without palm oil
- Honey Maid Graham Crackers: Original, Cinnamon, Chocolate, Vanilla
More than ever, and especially in “generic,” store brands, graham crackers contain palm oil. READ LABELS!
Nabisco’s Honey Maid line was the only one we found in our grocery store without it.
However, note the Honey Maid Low Fat version contains a palm oil derivative called Datem. The boxes look similar. (Datem is a now-common palm oil derivative companies are using in bread.)
- Erin’s Baker: All of their granola products
- Purely Elizabeth:
- Ancient Grain in four flavors
- Nut Butter Granola in two flavors
- Grain-Free Granola in two flavors
- Ancient Grain Minis (single serving sizes in four flavors)
- Open Nature Honey Nut Granola
- Simply Balanced Organic Blueberry Granola with Flax
Most granola brands contain Tocopherols and/or Glycerin, palm oil derivatives. See below for granola bars.
Gum without palm oil
- Glee Gum: Peppermint, Cinnamon, Bubblegum, Spearmint, Mixed (Triple) Berry, Sugar-Free Bubblegum, Sugar-Free Wintergreeen
Glee Gum is also free from artificial chemicals, flavors, and dyes.
Ice Cream without palm oil
- Ben & Jerry’s: Worldwide, they make all of their flavors and products without palm oil!
- Breyers: Chocolate; Mint Chocolate Chip; Natural Vanilla; Strawberry; Vanilla Chocolate; Vanilla Chocolate Strawberry
We are grateful to Ben & Jerry’s for making all of their ice cream without palm oil.
Please note, when looking at the vanilla Breyers flavors, only the Natural Vanilla is a palm oil free product. Their Extra Creamy Vanilla, French Vanilla, and Homemade Vanilla contain mono- and diglycerides which are typically palm oil derivatives.
Meat strips, jerky
- Epic Bar: all of their products are made without palm oil
- Pork Skins
- Hunt & Harvest Mix
- Snack Strips
Nut butters and peanut butter
- Spread the Love Foods: They make all of their products without palm oil and label their nut butters ‘Palm Oil Free’ which demonstrates how important it is to them. Naked Organic Peanut Butter, Naked Crunch Organic Peanut Butter, Unsalted Almond Butter, Unsalted Crunch Almond Butter
- Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter Co: They have all palm oil free products. Creamy Peanut Butter, Crunchy Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Cashew ButterWild Friends: All of their products are made without palm oil. Classic Creamy Peanut Butter, Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter, Peanut Cashew Super Butter, Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter. They also made palm free Sunflower, Almond and Super Butters. (They are certified as Palm Oil Free products.)
- Teddie All Natural: All of theirs are palm oil free: Creamy, Crunchy, Organic, and with Flaxseed
- RX Nut Butter: Honey Cinnamon Nut Butter, Peanut Butter, Vanilla Almond Butter
- Trader Joe’s: Organic Peanut Butter Creamy (Salted or Unsalted) Valencia, Organic Peanut Butter Crunchy (Salted or Unsalted) Valencia
- Whole Foods 365 Everyday Value: Creamy Peanut Butter, Crunchy Peanut Butter
- O Organics: Chunky Peanut Butter
- Skippy: Creamy Peanut Butter, Crunchy Peanut Butter, Honey Roasted Nut Creamy, Singles Creamy
See our list of peanut butter without palm oil.
Nutrition bars, including granola bars and fruit bars
- Enjoy Life Foods
- Crispy Grain & Seed: Banana Caramel, Chocolate Marshmallow, Cranberry Orange, Maple Sweet Potato
- Protein Bites: Sunseed Butter, Dark Raspberry, Cinnamon Spice, Dipped Banana
- Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Sea Salt, Coconut Chocolate, Coffee Chocolate, Maple Sea Salt, Mint Chocolate, Mixed Berry, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Chocolate
- RXBAR Kids: Apple Cinnamon Raisin, Berry Blast, PB&J, Chocolate Chip, Double Chocolate, Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Pressed by KIND Fruit Bars: Cherry Apple Chia, Mango Apple Chia, Pineapple Banana Kale Spinach, Strawberry Apple Cherry Chia
- KIND Sweet & Spicy Bars: Roasted Jalapeno, Korean Chili, Chipotle Honey Mustard
- KIND Bars: Almond & Coconut, Almond Coconut Cashew Chai, Maple Glazed Pecan & Sea Salt, Honey Roasted Nuts & Sea Salt, Madagascar Vanilla Almond, Raspberry Cashew & Chia, Almond & Apricot, Apple Cinnamon & Pecan, Fruit & Nut; Peanut Butter & Strawberry
- Clif Kid Organic Z Bar: Caramel Chocolate, Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Chip, Iced Oatmeal Cookie, Iced Lemon Cookie, S’mores
- Purely Elizabeth: Grain-Free SuperFood in Banana Nut Butter, Peanut Butter, Coconut Cashew, Chocolate Sea Salt
- Simply Balanced Chewy Granola Bars Apple Berry Flavored Organic
- Nature Valley Crunchy Granola Bars: Maple Brown Sugar, Oats & Honey, Peanut Butter
Enjoy Life also earned the Palm Oil Free certification for four flavors of their Protein Bites.
RXBAR confirmed they only make palm oil free products.
Avoid “filled” bars. Also, watch for Glycerin, Glycerine, and Tocopherols, typically made from palm oil.
Don’t be persuaded by “healthy-looking” packaging. To learn more, see our list of granola bars without palm oil.
- Angie’s A Boom Chicka Pop: Sea Salt, Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn, Light Kettle Corn, Salted Caramel, Buttery Caramel
- Lesser Evil Organic Popcorn: Avocado-licious; Classic Cheddar; Himalayan Pink; Himalayan Gold; Oh My Ghee!; Jalapeno ‘n Honey; Himalayan Sweetness
- Popcornopolis: Nearly Naked Gourmet
- Quinn Snacks: Their microwavable popcorn seems to be the only product of it’s kind without palm oil. They make seven flavors palm oil free. Some flavors include Parmesan & Rosemary and White Cheddar.
Watch out for seasonal flavors which may contain palm oil.
For more information, see our list of popcorn without palm oil.
- Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Potato Chips: Original; Waffle Cut Sea Salt; Waves Sea Salt; Waves 40% Reduced Fat Sea Salt
- Lay’s Potato Chips: Classic; Kettle Cooked Original; Lightly Salted Classic; Lightly Salted Wavy Original
- Lesser Evil: Perfectly Salted; Salt & Apple Cider Vinegar; Jalapeno ‘n Honey
Avoid potato crisps and chips in cans. Also avoid shoestring potatoes and potato sticks.
Canned potato snacks typically contain mono- and diglycerides, palm oil derivatives.
- Rold Gold
- Braided Honey Wheat, Rods Original, Sticks Original
- Thin Crisps: Buffalo Wing, Garlic Parmesan, Honey Dijon
- Tiny Twists: Original, Cheddar, Honey Mustard
- Snack Factory
- Everything, Garlic Parmesan, Honey Mustard & Onion, Sesame, Original, Original Minis, Organic Original
- Snyder’s of Hanover
- Mini Pretzels, Sticks Pretzels, Snaps Pretzels, Butter Snaps, Rods Pretzels, Thins Pretzels, Olde Tyme, Homestyle, Dipping Sticks, Sourdough Hard Pretzels
- Braided Twists: Honey Wheat, Ancient Grain, Blueberry
- SUPERPRETZEL Soft Pretzel
- Original, Pretzel Bites, Multigrain
Especially read labels when you are looking for gluten-free varieties. Manufacturers often use palm oil as a replacement. Also, some single serving bags and often holiday varieties contain palm oil.
There is more information in our pretzels without palm oil post.
- Lesser Evil Grain Free: “No Cheese” Cheesiness; Apple Cider Vinegar; Himalayan Pink Salt
We have a post dedicated to snacks without palm oil.
Spices without palm oil
- Red Ape Cinnamon
- Ground Cinnamon; Cinnamon Sticks, Cassia Cinnamon Chips
- Ginger Tea Bag Cut; Ground Ginger
- Turmeric Pieces; Ground Turmeric
All of Red Ape Cinnamon’s products listed in this post have been certified Palm Oil Free by the International Palm Oil Free Certification Programme.
Even if spices don’t list palm oil in the ingredients, you won’t know if they are derived from palm oil sources unless you verify with the company.
Taco shells without palm oil
- Ortega Taco Shells: (Be sure to read all ingredients, especially for their whole wheat and flour tortillas. Their other taco shell products contain mono- and diglycerides as well as glycerin which are palm oil derivatives.)
- Yellow Corn Shells
- Good Grains line:
- Yellow Corn & Spinach; Blue Corn Taco Shells; Whole Grain Corn and Lentil Taco Shells; Yellow Corn & Ancient Grains; and Yellow Corn & Red Bell Pepper
- Whole Grain Corn
- Tostada Shells
- Trader Joe’s Trader Jose’s Taco Shells
Read labels and choose palm oil free taco shells. You should be able to find them.
Palm oil free personal care products
Conditioner without palm oil
- The Guardian (for frizzy, dry or damaged hair)
- Wonderbar (oily or normal hair)
Cosmetics without palm oil
At long last we were able to find palm oil free cosmetics!
- Fat and the Moon:
- Highlighter, tint:
- Eye color:
- Earth Eye Coal
- Eye Coal
- Lapis Eye Coal
- Leaf Eye Coal
- Lip color:
- Clay Idol Lip Paint
- Dusk Lip Paint
- Hecate Lip Paint
- Lip & Cheek Stain
- Mortar & Pestle
- Wood Nymph
- Zlata Baba
- Cheek color:
- Lip & Cheek Stain
- Highlighter, tint:
- Bronze Aura Balm
- Copper Aura Balm
- Pearl Aura Balm
- Silver Aura Balm
- Gold Aura Balm
They make their products with vegan, organic and raw ingredients.
Their Aura Balms are coconut-based. You can use them on brow ridges, cheeks, collarbones — on skin where you want some color.
Deodorant without palm oil
- Fat and the Moon:
- Deodorant Cream
- Sensitive Pit Cream
- Schmidt’s: (solid stick)
- Fragrance Free Natural Deodorant
- Bergamot + Lime
- Lavender + Sage
- Ylang-Ylang Calendula
- Charcoal + Magnesium
- Food Grade Organic Natural Deodorant Kids (roll on)
- EO Essential Oils Organic Deodorant Tea Tree (pump spray; not aerosol)
- Booda Organics Booda Butter Cream Deodorant (cream)
It’s difficult to find deodorant without palm oil because they often contain some of these ingredients:
Propylene Glycol; Tocopherols without the source; Triglycerides without the source; Vitamin E without the source; Steareth – 100; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Sodium Stearate; Stearyl Alcohol
- Badger Balm: All of them are palm free
- Booda Butter Naked Lip Balm
- Fat and the Moon:
- Lip Salve
- Ruby Red Tinted Balm
- Freedom Soap Co.
- Orange + Rosemary
- Tea Tree
- Sweet Orange
- Moon Lip Balm: Blue Chamomile Vanilla
- Sun Lip Balm: SPF 15 Tangerine Chamomile
- Baobab Banana
- Echium Raspberry Tinted Lip Balm
- Papaya Pineapple Lip Balm
- Simply Eden
- Peppermint with Zinc
- Sweet Orange Chili Pepper
- Sinus Eze
- Cucumber Melon
- Coffee Bean
- Unearth Malee
Watch for Tocopherols. Unless they include the source, they are often made with palm oil. The Tocopherols in Hurraw! are sourced from sunflower.
Learn more by checking out lip balm without palm oil.
See our post for medicine without palm oil. We were able to acquire it by going to a compounding pharmacy.
Moisturizer and Lotion without palm oil
- Coconut + Lime Butter Block
- Jasmine & Ylang Ylang Butter Block
- Peppermint & Tea Tree (foot balm without palm oil)
- Love Baby Bar
- Fat and the Moon:
- All Cream
- Aloe Lotion
- Face Oil
- Love Thyself Bod Oil
- Moon Fat Bod Oil
- Freedom Soap Co.:
- Whipped Shea Butter
- Booda Organics:
- Booda Butter Pure Daily Moisturizer
- Tub of Love
- Fat and the Moon Lavender and Cocoa Dry Shampoo
- Unearth Malee: shampoo bars
- Damage Control
- Frizz Wrangler
- Heali Kiwi
- Oaty Delicious (for kids)
- Pinkalicious (for Normal hair)
- St Clements (for Oily Hair)
On a personal note, I couldn’t decide which Ethique shampoo and conditioner to choose. I was happy to see they offer a sample set.
Each box comes with three of Ethique’s palm oil free shampoos and two of their palm oil free conditioners.
In this way, I have been able to sample these shampoos: Damage Control, Frizz Wrangler, and Heali Kiwi.
Also, the sample set comes with two conditioners: The Guardian and Wonderbar.
Each of the shampoo and conditioner bars lasted longer than I thought they would. I’ve used them a minimum of four times each, and there is still over half left.
It’s been a great way to try them all. They are all quality products, easy to use, and work really well.
- Fat and the Moon Olive and Clay Shave Cream
- Ethique – all of their bar soaps, lotions, shampoos, deodorants are free from palm oil
- Booda Organics: Booda Butter All-In-One-Soap
- Freedom Soap Co: all bars
- Kiss My Face:
- Pure Olive Oil Soap
- Olive Oil & Aloe Soap
- Olive Oil & Lavender Soap
- Milk Relief Soap
- Remwood Products Co: Grandma’s Baking Soda Soap
Read soap without palm oil for more information.
Sunscreen without palm oil
- Kiss My Face Organics Mineral Face + Body SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion
- Kiss My Face Organics Kids Defense Mineral SPF 30 Sunscreen Lotion
There are often palm oil derivatives in sunscreen, making it difficult to find sunscreen without palm oil. Even organic and healthy-seeming sunscreen brands contain derivatives.
Some ingredients to watch out for in sunscreen include:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate Citrate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Fat and the Moon: Tooth Cleanse, Tooth Polish
- Redmond Earthpaste: Peppermint with Charcoal, Spearmint, Cinnamon, Lemon Twist, Peppermint, Wintergreen
Ingredients to watch out for include Glycerin, Sodium Laurel Sulfate, and Propylene Glycol, all palm oil derivatives. Learn more at toothpaste without palm oil.
Cleaning products without palm oil
- Booda Organics Suds of Love Laundry Soap (powder)
- Ethique: Flash Laundry Bar (to clean by hand); can also use on dishes
In the United States, we have yet to find spray cleaners, dishwasher detergent, and non-specialty laundry soap without palm oil. Even healthy-seeming brands contain them.
Spray cleaners often contain “plant-derived cleaning agents” which are typically made with palm oil derivatives.
To clean without palm oil use:
- Spray bottle with vinegar and water: Clean kitchen, bathrooms, windows, floors
- Baking soda: Clean sinks
- Lemon: Look online for ways to use lemon for cleaning
Palm oil free cleaning products in Australia
Clean Conscience is an Australian brand. These products have been certified as palm oil free by the International Palm Oil Free Certification Trademark.
- Multipurpose Spray Kitchen
- Multipurpose Spray Bathroom
- Creamy Cleanser
- Window Cleaner
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Air Freshener
- Laundry Powder
- Multipurpose Spray Lemon Myrtle
- Pure Liquid Hand & Body Soap Lemon Myrtle
Palm oil free products
It is increasingly difficult to find palm oil free products. The FDA has required manufacturers to eliminate trans fats from processed foods. Companies have turned to palm oil as the replacement.
Demand for palm oil continues to rise.
In addition to foods, manufacturers rely on palm oil ingredients in cleaning products. It is a challenge to find laundry detergents, spray cleaners, dish soap, and dish wash detergent without palm oil.
It’s also difficult to find palm oil free self-care items.
Palm oil is prevalent in soap, shampoo, shaving cream, lotion, deodorant, sunscreen, toothpaste, and cosmetics.
Companies who don’t use palm oil
These companies make all of their products palm oil free:
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Booda Organics
- Divine Chocolate
- Fat and the Moon
- Freedom Soap Co.
- Lesser Evil
- Unearth Malee
Why choose palm oil free products
There are many reasons consumers look for palm oil free options.
Many people choose to avoid palm oil for the environmental concerns.
Others avoid it for health concerns. According to EatingWell, palm oil and palm kernel oil are high in saturated fat. Learn more here.
Other consumers choose palm oil free products because they experience allergic reactions or get sick from palm oil.
Support palm oil free products
Read labels every time. Often, companies change their ingredients.
Read labels and buy the palm oil free products. Vote with your dollars.
Learn why companies use palm oil so you can look for palm free versions.
Sometimes you can make your own.
How to support palm oil free products
As consumers, there is a lot we can do to support products without palm oil. Together, we can:
- Go on social media and tell companies palm oil free products are important.
- Ask companies for palm oil free alternatives.
- Go on social media and ask companies why their products contain palm oil.
- Read ingredient labels before you buy anything.
- Buy palm oil free products and brands.
- Find companies who don’t use any palm oil, and be loyal to them.
- Thank companies who are making their products palm oil free. (First, be sure there aren’t palm oil derivatives in them.)
You can also email companies. However, most often, you will be contacting a customer service representative. You won’t know if your message is getting past this person to the decision-makers within the company.
Reach out to companies
Often, when we email companies, we get canned, generic answers back from them. Many reply with their “sustainable palm oil” policy without seeming to read the questions.
It’s only when we delve further that we reach someone with more authority to get accurate information.
This is why we suggest you email them but also contact them professionally on social media. You may attract more attention to your message.
We continue to contact companies to confirm their products are palm oil free. Check back often for this updated list of palm oil free products.
We will be adding more posts with palm oil free products.
Please note, this is not meant to be medical advice. Consult with your healthcare provider.
We sourced this list after looking at ingredient labels and comparing them against lists of hundreds of names for palm oil ingredients and derivatives.
We contact companies to inquire about their specific products that seem to be made without palm oil. As they write back, we continue to update and note when they confirm their products are palm oil free.
However, please do your own due diligence as well. Before you buy anything, read the labels while you are in the store. Buy the products that are palm oil free. Read labels every time. This list is meant to be a starting point and is not guaranteed.
Also, we always are updating and adding to this list as we find palm oil free products.
Please leave your Comments below with tips, palm oil free products you have found, or anything to help build awareness. Thank you!